Overwhelming beauty: Almost every inch of Port Renfrew, B.C., inspires aweWelcome to Soule Creek Lodge, Port Renfrew, B.C.
"On the Big Tree Trail" - Vancouver Sun & Calgary Herald
Soule Creek Lodge is perched high on the San Juan Ridge with 360 degree panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, Olympic Peninsula, Juan de Fuca Strait, West Coast Trail, San Juan Inlet and Coastal Mountains.
We have just completed our newest and largest yurt (Yurt of the Salish Sea) which can be booked online. This unit has awesome views of San Juan Bay, the West Coast Trail, Olympic Peninsula and Straight of Juan De Fuca.
With 160 private acres bordering Provincial Park lands our view shows very few signs of civilization making it a great site to see wildlife viewing and get away from it all while only a 5 minute drive to “downtown” Port Renfrew.
We are just a two hour scenic drive from either Victoria along Hwy 14 or Nanaimo along the newly completed Pacific Rim Circle Route. Enjoy the scenery or take a hike along the way.
"The lodge is quiet, a place to escape from the frantic pace of 21st century life. We only wish we could have planned for another day and night there." - TripAdvisor Review
While at the lodge guests will enjoy ocean view accommodation in our Lodge Suites, Yurts or Cabin complimented by a wonderful hot breakfast (included with your stay). With advance notice guests may join us for our three course dinner using many Vancouver Island ingredients, fresh local salmon, halibut and freshly grown local vegetables in season. Dinner is prepared by Chef/Owners Tim and Jon Cash. The brothers are both experienced internationally and use the finest ingredients when preparing their meals, from organic produce to hand foraged local mushrooms.
local attractions and activities here.
Recent Travel Article about Soule Creek and Port Renfrew
San Fran. Chronicle/SFGATE, Houston Chronicle, Doctor's Review- Going Coastal: Vancouver Island's Circle Route.
Huffington Post & Flight Network- Canada's 25 most unique Accommodations (Soule Creek #3)
Globe and Mail- Overwhelming beauty: Almost every inch of Port Renfrew, B.C., inspires awe
Escape Here -10 Unique Glamping Experiences in North AmericaDream Travel Magazine- 5 Best Scenic Weekend Trips From Vancouver
The Guardian- "Soule Creek's upscale cabins and chic yurts stand proud..."
Northwest Travel Magazine- "Tall Tree Capital of Canada - Port Renfrew"
BC Travel Magazine - "The Very, Very Left Coast"
Toronto Star - "New B.C. route opens up Vancouver Island’s ancient trees"
Georgia Straight - "It's a land of giants in Port Renfrew's ancient Avatar Grove"
The Oregonian - "Vancouver Island circle route: Drink in the wine, the scenery, the air"Where Magazine - "12 of Canada’s Most Unusual Hotels"
West Magazine - "Saving the biggest, oldest trees"
Victoria Times Colonist - "The naked tree-hugger makes her way to Port Renfrew"
- Our goal at Soule Creek Lodge is to provide our guests with a unique West Coast experience. This includes beautiful landscapes, seascapes and the information to access these jewels in our area.
- Whenever possible Soule Creek Lodge uses local and organic products in the preparation of our homemade meals. These ingredients are gathered and foraged from our gardens, forests, oceans and small farms on southern Vancouver Island.
- We care about the environment at Soule Creek Lodge. We recycle extensively and use non-toxic cleaning and laundry products whenever possible for the comfort of our guests and the planet.
- We constantly convert to eco-friendly building materials in our up-grades and infrastructure systems.
- Our hope is that our guests will take comfort, motivation and relaxation home with them.
photo credits- nature & lodge pictures by TJ Watt Utopia Photo ** food shots by Gen Laplante